Monday, September 28, 2009

Michelle Farted.

You know, like "Jesus Wept". The shortest verse in the King James Bible.
The quickest blog post ever.

So what happened?
Meh - what I always say. Things got busy, life got stressful, time was wasted, choices both good and bad were made.

Time Passes.
Michelle Farted.
Jesus Wept.

I can't go back and recreate the three months I didn't blog. In my head I can sort and sift and maybe I could piece together a semblance - some history - but to be frank I need to move forward so I can blog again.


So:
STUFF THAT HAPPENED
- My nephew went into the Marines. Time spent writing letters to him.
- I launched the Smallfries playgroup again, this time without the dubious benefit of my former partner aka Karen. I don't miss her. But it is in fact a shitload of work.
- We went to a wedding on Fire Island. I'm not laid back, we didn't enjoy it per se. Folks say "Oh but you had 4 days without Ellie, that must have been relaxing." Not really. It was 4 days in making chit chat. But it was beautiful, and we made friends, better friendships within friends I hould say, and I'm glad to have had the experience.
- My sister had bypass surgery. Thus "Michelle farted" My mother was obsessed - is obsessed - by whether she has "passed" anything. Many phone calls to her here. Time passes.
- My fathers wife (stepmother seems removed, second mother fine in vernacular, awkward in print) being a pain in the ass. Annoying me so. Annoyingly so.
- Visited the inlaws several times. Delightful. Dirty. But they love me daughter o' mine.
-Child. Started gymnastics again. Loves it.
-Child. Looking at preschools. Found one, too lazy to look for more. It's a montessori home school. 10 kids, private house. Don't love the other parents (but when do I ever?) But am content to have a January start.
- Decided on a Thursday sitter. 3:30 to 7 every week. Husband thinks it's a waste. I think I don't care. Will give me time to get a manicure, go for a walk, go to the library. Shop. Exercise. Whatever. Metime is a cliche but it's what I desire. Is it a waste of money? Maybe. Do we have the money? Yes. Is it ours to spend? Yes. Do we vacation? No. Do we own fancy cars? Hyundai and Honda? No. Do I buy full price? Retail even? No. Am I going to keep defending myself for having a cleaning woman and a weekly mothers helper? Yes.
- Realize I have no hobbies. Sad state of affair.
- Selling stuff on ebay, on Craigslist. Clearing out the house. As always.
- Undertaking cause ala Norma Ray. Gym needs vibrant playroom not empty running (read: dangerous) space. Drafting proposal to corporate. Annoyed with self.
- Still living like it's groundhog day (the movie) Still waiting to have fun. Annoyed that I'm a grind. Resolving to lighten up - make plans - have fun.
- Angsting over Halloween costume for child. Why? no idea.
- Almost done knitting poncho.
- Still coordinating the eventual production of "the maybe baby"
blah blah blah.

SUMMARY OF THINGS

Favorite recent memories:
Beach with Cindy, Yardsaling with Jess, A night in at Nicole's, going to the gym on Mondays and Fridays, shopping in Kittery with just Ellie, seeing Ellie ride her "bike" (big wheel) for the first time, getting letters from Greg, chatting politics with April, laughing lots with Doug, seeing cousin Chrissy in Maine and laughing on the blowup bed until our noses hurt, rasberry picking with Megan, sitting on Sharons porch knitting, all the summer birthday parties.

Funniest lines:
At a yardsale with Jess, birds chirping: Jess: "And obviously we've reached Snow Whites House..."

Via Cell phone, self to sister upon opening of Asian Food Superstore: "Well sure the lines were short but it took 25 minutes to get out of the parking lot" followed by "And 1/2 hour later I had to go grocery shopping again"

Things Ive decided I hate and will not do now that I am 40:
1. Eat at a Japanese Restaurant where they cook the food at the table.
2. Go to any in home parties (Southern Living, Mary Kay, Pampered Chef, Party Lites, Lia Sophia need I go on?)
3. care about my inability to wear a bikini

Things I miss doing:
1. Seeing my neices and nephews
2. Reading the blogs of friends
3. Dancing

Things I've recently rediscovered that I used to love doing:
1. exercising at the gym
2. watching LOTS of junky tv
3. drinking red wine
4. Talking to my sister on the phone

Things I want to do more of:
1. Spend more time at night with my husband vs doing house chores
2. walk outside
3. cook things I like
4. learn to golf
5. sit on my front porch
6. KNITTING

Things I thought I cared about but am sort of losing interest in:
1. woodworking & refinishing
2. Facebook

Whew.
So - we all caught up?
Pics to follow.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I've missed you. Here and elsewhere. Glad you're back. And woodworking? Ick . . .