Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Resolution Day One

So of course I'm 4 days in.
And today I, in the span of two hours:

Called Barbara from Salvation Army to tell her kids bikes were for sale for $10, and would she like me to pick one up and drop it by.

Called the crazy shut-in from the car to bring by a meal of homemade chili, cornbread and olives.

Picked up for Laurie and told her Doug and I would come over to upload all her photos into Picasa and teach her how to use it.

Asked the drycleaner if he had a program of recycling men's shirts to poorer countries (you donate the chirts, he cleans for free and writes off his services as charitable giving - the shirts go to Nicaragua or somepolace...).

Felt bad for the babysitter so I made up a date with my husband so she could sit for us, thus make money.

I also brought the preschool a box of tissues and wipes as a donation and spent 5 minutes talking to a sober house man on how his sobriety was going.

And yesterday I overtipped the 22 year old hairdresser at Snip-it's because she just "got her first place" and I wanted her to be able to buy something for it. Like food. Or whatever.

So apparently I learn slow.
Happy New Year.

On the upside, an insane religious freak accosted me in the aisles of Salvation Army wondering if I would be her friend and I shut her down.

So in that respect, I think I'm sticking to "some" of my resolution!

No comments: