Saturday, February 21, 2009

Part Four of Four - What's so funny about peace, love and understanding?

And today
Part Four of a Really Long Self Absorbed Reflection Which Is Redundent in Title, Eh?

Wednesday, I was handed a bag of clothes.
"Maybe you can use these for the teenage moms you support"
I sorted through them and divvied them up into piles. A baby girl outfit for you, the boy pants aside for you, and the rest to St Pauls.

On Thursday, the conversation ended with
"I'll call you. It's a great idea to have a haircutting playdate. You're a stylist, moms need haircuts, let me contact a few people and see what I can set up." I emailed the stylist who usually has dates. 'Do you mind?' and then I wrote the description. Hit send. done.

Friday, we left it at
"So your idea is that I could come over, walk on the treadmill for 30 minutes while you watch Ellie then we'll switch and I'll watch your two. Yes, I have Tuesdays and Fridays free. So, maybe in the afternoon some days. Let's see what we can work out"

Saturday, I finished the conversation with
"Yes, I can see bringing her to the baby soccer tournament would be fun for you and yes, it IS hard being a grandmother from so far away. Sure. Maybe on the OTHER side of Hartford? I could drive her to you and we'll meet it what, Waterbury? Let's talk Monday"

What can I do? How can I help?
You need it? You got it.

Four things offered in four days. Not really beneficial to me after you get past the face of it.
The clothes for "my girls" - I'm getting rid of them for you, on my time.
The haircutting playdate? - Yeah, my hairs cut. The nephew was here so I had time. But not everyone has that luxury. And you could use both the money and the clientel
The treadmill playdate? - Well honestly, I have one child and the gym has childcare for her age. So, I don't really need to drive 20 minutes to walk on your treadmill during the morning when I have fun potential other plans but I know you don't have another choice because right now, your child is too young.
And finally
Keeping Ellie for the weekend? - Yes, I will let my daughter go stay with you because your son lives here, and you there and it's not THAT far to drive halfway (only 4 hours roundtrip) but no, it wasn't really a hardship to keep her because my obviously sketchy transient nephew was going to be here anyway so it;s not that much of a break, but thanks.

Bitchy?
You betcha.

What's my point?
I need to rethink my overall life strategy.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Talk about drama . . .

Take a deep breath, my friend . . .

B