Saturday, May 3, 2008

no time to blog, plenty of time to email...

-----Original Message-----
> From: J
> Sent: Friday, May 02, 2008 7:57 PM
> To: D
> Subject: More important than word womp... less important than Star Magazine;)
>
Hi,
Hope you are having a wonderful time with the in-laws!

So today I made that lasagna recipe that I had given you to try awhile back tonight and realized how impossibly hard it is to make alone... so I was thinking someday we'll have to get all domestic and maybe make it together for the guys while Em and Ellie entertain each other.That is, if you do want to try it. Picture us, aprons and all, slaving over the oven to make a wonderful Spinach Pesto lasagna for when our hubbies get off work while simultaneously providing a playdate for the girls ;)

And I would really love to get that pepper and garlic recipe from you that you were raving about last week. I have a friend who doesn't eat
much of anything except veggies right now. I owe her a homemade dinner and that sounded perfect. You can get it to me in your copious spare time, of course.

J

P.S. We are ready to perform in the dog and pony show if and when you need it this weekend as our yard work plans have been rained out.

P.P.S. I have a terrible confession to make to you and you may hate me for all of 5 minutes when you find out.. maybe even 15 but you'll have to forgive me eventually because it was truly an accident, I swear. I know you are dying to know now but you'll have to wait until I can properly apologize in person so you can see how devastated I am about it. Of course by making you wait I can hope that you'll also come up with much worse possible scenarios so that when I actually apologize
for this infraction it will seem too minor for words.

---------- Original Message -----------
From: Deb
To: J
Sent: Sat, 03 May 2008 00:45:34 -0400
Subject: RE: More important than word womp... less important than Star Magazine ;)

In no particular order

1. I remembered that I took a recipe from you and then realized that it was unlikely I'd make it. Realized present day that is. At the time of taking I had great intentions. Then I hoped YOU'D forgotten. And then I assumed you'd remember and chalk it up to my inherent sketchiness and lack of follow through. So whilst we may, or may not, make it while playdating, you've caught me in the act of bold faced avoidance (how's that for an oxymoron). Phew. I wondered if you'd ever bring it up. Glad that's over.

2. I have about 15 medela breast-ie steam bags. You use them in the microwave to clean bottles/ 20 time use each. Never used. Before I freecycle, you want?

3. Not a recipe per se but as follows. Cut up 2 red, 1 green and 1 yellow pepper. Cut chunky, tuscan style, not minced, diced, dainty or otherwise. Reserve. Cut up 1/4 on a red onion. More if you like onions. Reserve. Olive oil in pan. Sauté peppers on med about 4-5 min. Add onion. Cook for about 2-3 min more. Add 1 clove fresh garlic. Cook 1 -2 min. Add 1 can drained diced tomatoes. Cook about 5 more min on low, covered. Then food process or light mash with potato masher. Spoon over pasta. If no pasta, leave chunky and serve as a hot accompaniment to hearty crusty garlic bread. Don’t kiss friend goodbye. P-U is your breath as they say in the biz.
4. In laws coming tomorrow a.m. Spent night at Home Depot buying wood for stairs, mirror hanging clamps, 2x4s for safety gate and then a curtain rod at Xmas Tree Shoppe. I had the idea that instead of a headboard we'd hand a curtain rod over the bed. What I'm going to hang from it is yet to be determined.

5. Ellie having an awful night. Phlegm and mucus are bad. Going on 4 weeks now right? Or 5? I did a neb treatment tonight and I think it loosened up, and now she's making little choking noises. She was acting relatively fine though, pleasant and sweet. Just making hairball noises and whimpering in bed. Poor lovely.

6. Dog and pony extant. Mother called. Must bring caravan there. Went to ortho, 2nd foot now also in a cast. May need surgery. No > walking for 2 weeks AT ALL. So peeing off the side of the bed (metaphorically). She's trying to lament but I have her beat with an extra 117 days of bedrest so I'm not nibbling. She tried to convince me to come over and clean for her. I told her not unless we were throwing things out. She said "oh no, I just need you to do the tub and stuff" To which I replied, "Listen, if you don’t take the time to sort in now, don't expect me to sort it later. If anything happens to you, the junk man cometh." She hung up. Bitter I suspect.

7. I'm not sure Brittany looks all that good.

8. Your confession. You gave the clean shopper away. I forgive.

9. Must go down now to look up receipts and create bags of returns for tomorrow. Doug's tried to lecture me tonight about my spending anxiety. I wasn’t having it. We own too much. He disagrees. I won. He's in bed. I'm creating a circuit of returns, to take up to 2 hours, for max return of $100. Who really won?

10. sigh. No time to blog either. Will just post this email. G'Night.

-----Original Message-----
From: J
Sent: Saturday, May 03, 2008 3:45 PM
To: D
Subject: RE: More important than word womp... less important than Star Magazine ;)

1. You can't be serious that you worried about not making the recipe ;) I don't mind at all if you never make it. I just felt bad that I had given you a recipe that I just learned is near impossible to make by yourself while wrangling a pre-walker.

2. Yes, I would love the steam bags. I was just trying to figure out how to finagle the like without actually buying them so this will be awesome.

3. Thanks for the recipe.

4. I have a green quilt hanger that you might prefer for the faux headboard.
Pick a nice quilt and hang some dried flowers or the like from the knobs and it could be super chic. It is just sitting in my attic so let me know if you want to peak at it. Hmmm, mirror hanging clamps... I won't ask.

5. Poor Ellie.

6. Oh the fun you will have... I'll go find a sympathy card to send your way.
No really, you have my utmost sympathies in this regard. Oh so glad it is not my dear mum who fell. I haven't been hung up on in years so way overdue.

7. Brittany????

8. Still have clean shopper. Though not looking forward to going back to old shop & play that uselessly hangs on the cart not covering the handles or anything. Fine for back up car though and since you found said steal of a clean shopper it is yours if you want it. I suspect you switch cars much more often than we do since Pete's is a standard transmission that I hate to drive.

9. Spent an hour discussing exact same subject of merits of returns this morning with Pete as we traveled to return uber-cute bag to LL Bean. Had returners remorse as I watched the sales girl eyeing said bag and then set aside for her to buy herself. $42 back on credit card later, hubby is incredulous but will be happy to see a minus on the credit card balance overall.
> for this infraction it will seem too minor for words.



---------- Original Message -----------
From: Deb
To: J
1. Not worried about not making it :o) - feel GREAT about that. Worried that I said I would, then didn’t. Feel better. Phew.
2. Perfect. They are yours along with a teeny pair of size 6s no stretch from the gap. Dark blue, maybe retro, maybe junk,. You have to take both. If they don’t fit, Salvation Army.
3. Watch. Now YOU wont make it.
4. I have never seen a quilt hanger so I'd love to look. Thank you. I would borrow then return. Although our room has zero color of scheme so I'm not certain what direction I am going in. Early Motel 6 I suppose.
5. She's a good girl. I'm sick of snot though 6. Moms ok. Better then most, you hear the worst actually. But thanks.
7. Spears. Her Bikini bod left me cold. She shows too much.
8. I thought you HAD 2 additional new (freecycled I mean) 2 new clean shoppers. I thought you had four viable ones and were subtly letting me know about it. I offered to take the one back b/c I thought you were overwhelmed with them. It is yours surely. I was offering to take one back as a "Sure why not" not a give it beyatch. You keep. We happy.
9. I did not return anything. I calculated loss and labor. I put aside. I'm giving Barbara all the 1st birthday stuff to add to what she was already storing (she keeps things, scrapbooks etc) and I'm gifting the castle to my MILs friend. The Target stuff is going to my sister as a birthday gift and then I'm done. Except for the $20 unscented sunblock - which IS going back - b/c it smells

No comments: