I'm sitting at the table eating my third Reeses Peanut Butter Cup.
Wait, I'll be right back.
Make that my fourth.
And very likely I'm going to regret it.
Considering I just chased a bowl of cold pasta, tossed with tuna, sweet relish, mustard, celery and mayo. At 8:30. When I had popcorn at 7:30. and I think RitzCrackers with peanut butter at 7:00. Just after the spoonful of sauce I had at 5. Which followed oh, something or other at 3. Was it salad? I think it was.
I should feel bad. In fact I do feel bad.
Because it's wholly repugnant and shows a complete lack of respect for myself - and the myriad yet shortening hours at the gym I've spent since August 1. With nary a pound off and only slightly firmer thighs.
I also feel bad that I'm sneaking a post in when Ellie is clearly UP watching wonderpets, without a bath, with a proper bedtime story, awake. Something I will, in fact, pay for tomorrow.
Her Halloween costume for tomorrows parade is ...somewhere. As is the glass of water I pour but never drink, and I think very likely I owe somebody somewhere an email and a call back. I also need to figure out a primary care physician tomorrow and why the list won't download off the physician site, and I should check exactly when we got the first of her two flu shots, who the contact is at SBLI my husband used and how I can tie my auto insurance to his at Progressive. I wonder how I can create outfits for her two skirts I impulsively bought full price at the Childrens Place and never returned thus finally took the tags off. There is laundry needing to be folded, and other laundry to be put away, and a box of craft supplies in the car from last weeks church group.
And instead of moving forward, I ate.
Ate and ate to no good effect because it was simpler and quicker then making a real meal. So I snacked through five thousand calories. In one day.
Instead of doing anything productive, worthwhile or that would make me feel better.
And you know what.
That's fine.
Because tomorrow is another day.
And it's actually ok.
Because sometimes things happen.
1 comment:
That was downright lyrical ;)
Post a Comment